Saturday, 8 November 2008

Man Utd so far.

In this article I'll talk about how the Man Utd team and players have done thus far in the season. I think we've been quite shaky so far and we need to up our standards if we want to win the league.

I'll start off by talking about the defence. Patrice Evra was the reason why we conceded a goal against Hull. Gary Neville is way too late with his tackles now. We're getting exposed on the right as Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't get back (don't want him to) and Neville has been totally off it. Wes Brown is injured at the moment, we need him back ASAP. It's good that Rafael is getting some Premiership games. Rio Ferdinand is a quality player, no doubting that, but he's been losing concentration at key times. We can't keep doing that. Nemanja Vidic has been great IMO and hasn't put a foot wrong.

I don't think they've been good though as the Utd standard of good has to be much higher. They should be playing at a much higher level. Especially at the moment as Chelsea are in class form. Don't get me wrong, Evra and Rio are two of the best players in the world in their respective positions but based on current form they've been poor.

Our key players have had too many off games to be honest. Ronaldo may have scored two goals at Hull but he still could've, nay should've scored a few more. He had some great oppurtunities that he just wasted. Yes he played well but not as good as he was last season. It's the same for everyone, we've just dropped our performance levels.

Wayne Rooney, to me, is very inconsistent. One game he's on fire, better than Ronaldo throughout and does so well. The next, he's just being aggressive, wasting his chances and just not doing anything useful. I think that Carlos Tevez should start ahead of him for the time being.

Another player I'd like to point out for being poor this season is Nani. He's just been very bad this season. His crosses have been poor and he keeps losing the ball when he gets it. Anderson however has been as solid as a rock thus far.

Edwin Van der Sar has been very shaky this season and we need to find a good replacement fast. Ben Foster and Thomas Kuszcak are very good back up keepers but I just can't see them either of them being the first choice keeper for Utd. We need to raise our performance levels a lot if we want to compete with Chelsea.

Here are the players I think have been solid this season:

Darren Fletcher- best player for us this season and I'm not a big Fletcher fan.
Anderson- He's made some great passes this season and hasn't done anything wrong.
Dimitar Berbatov- settled in brilliantly. Making some key runs and passes and getting involved.
Nemanja Vidic- He's been a rock in the defence which we've really needed as Neville, Rio and Evra have been off for a few games. He's a great player.

As you can see it's not a long list. If I were to list the solid players from last season it'd be literally the whole team. As I've said throughout the article, we need to raise the bar for performance if we want to win the league.

Thank you for reading my article. Please post your views on the article and where you agree/disagree with me. That's all from me for now.

Maninder signing out.

No comments: