England have a serious goal keeper dilemma. We all know it. It's not as if they have bad keepers either. David James, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, Robert Green and Joe Hart. You can't tell me that none of them goal keepers are capable in ability at international level. Paul Robinson is a no no for me. He just loses concentration too ofter and messes up. He over reacts to easy shots and needs to improve his keeping. There are better options available. Robert Green and Scott Carson have potential, I'll give them that. They need to improve as well though. I have to go with David James for the number one keeper. He's the best option available. He is a brilliant keeper, just occasionally does something wrong. Joe Hart would be the number two. In a few years he'll easily take the number one spot but he needs to improve on crosses. He looks very bad when they come in.
The back four is next. For the full backs the options include Gary Neville, Micah Richards, Phil Jagielka, Wes Brown, Wayne Bridge, Ashley Cole and even possibly Gareth Barry. I have to go with Micah richards on the right and Ashley Cole on the left. I don't like Ashley Cole, I think he's a pathetic idiot. However, he is a brilliant defender. I have to admit it. Gary Neville doesn't deserve to start for Man Utd let alone England. Phil Jagielka is in great form for Everton but is beaten by Richards because he's not that good to be quite frank. Wes Brown has been injured recently but even if he's at full fitness, he'd be a sub. I feel sorry for him though because he hasn't put a foot wrong. Wayne Bridge doesn't even play for Chelsea.
The centre backs are quite simple. Rio Ferdinand and John Terry. Now I hate John Terry as much as the next guy. I think he's a cheating, dirty little runt. With that in mind, he's still a brilliant defender. Rio Ferdinand is class. Do I need to say more? He's gone through a bad patch but he is still a world class defender. David Wheater is an up and coming name. I'd like to see him as a starter in a few years time. He is a very promising player.
Now for the wingers. First of all, I'll start off with the left as it's not as complicated. For me it has to be Ashley Young. The kid has deserved his place for a few seasons now. He's a great player. A genuine left footer who's got talent. He has to play. Stewart Downing can't. He has potential, that's all I can say good about him. He's in terrible form. No one can defend him. He doesn't deserve his place. On the right it's Jimmy Bullard. I know he's not a winger so before you start having a go at me, hear me out. There isn't place for him in the middle but he has to play. So put him on the right hand side but get him to run into the centre. The attacks don't have to come from the right wing. He can cut inside and play what is currently the Gerrard/Lampard role.
In the centre there are quite a lot of options. Let's see, there is Gareth Barry, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and others. Owen Hargreaves isn't reliable enough. He's way too injury prone. Then again, when he's fully fit he's brilliant. During the last world cup he proved that. Let's face it, the almighty Stevie G has been useless in an England shirt for yonks. He is a brilliant player for his club no doubt. For England he's been poor. Frank Lampard is just the same. A brilliant player for his club. I wonder why? Let's see, he has the likes of Michael Ballack, Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel doing the hard work. He's just in the right place at the right time. I have to go with Michael Carrick for the first central midfielder. Arguably the best passer in the world. Definitely the best passer for England. He is just sublime. Gareth Barry is the second central midfielder. He hasn't put a foot wrong in an England shirt. He's been great when he's been given the oppurtunity (which is very rarely). He isn't an arrogant idiot like other players in the team. He is a role model for young footballers.
Now the strike force. There is a huge list of possible strikers. So what's the problem? With the likes of Michael Owen, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent and Gabriel Agbonlahor in the mix and many more, why can't England win with ease? Michael Owen isn't fully back yet. He needs to get back fully for his club (which I doubt he will due to injuries). He's way too unreliable. Peter Crouch has a brilliant international record. No one can take that away from him. Yeah he may not be the most talented but his record is great. Wayne Rooney is a must. Probably England's best player. He has the most heart, desire and passion. He may go a bit wayward sometimes but still a brilliant player none the less. Now for the second striker. I have to go with one of my favourite players. Gabriel Agbonlahor. He has been the best English striker for the past two seasons, been good before that as well. If that's not good enough to get into the squad, I don't know what is.
So after all that, here's the squad:
-----David James----
Micah Richards--John Terry--Rio Ferdinand--Ashley Cole
Jimmy Bullard--Gareth Barry--Michael Carrick--Ashley Young
Wayne Rooney--Gabriel Agbonlahor
Micah Richards--John Terry--Rio Ferdinand--Ashley Cole
Jimmy Bullard--Gareth Barry--Michael Carrick--Ashley Young
Wayne Rooney--Gabriel Agbonlahor
Subs:
Joe Hart
Wes Brown
David Wheater
Theo Walcott
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Joe Cole
Peter Crouch
Well that's all from me, Maninder signing out.
Joe Hart
Wes Brown
David Wheater
Theo Walcott
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Joe Cole
Peter Crouch
Well that's all from me, Maninder signing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment